A Total Talent Approach to Contingent Workforce StrategyDanubius Hotel Regents Park , 18 Lodge Road, St. John's Wood, London NW8 7JT
In order to respond quickly to today’s market pressures, the need for contingent workers is growing rapidly.
Registration fee: £395 plus VAT per delegate
Today’s workforce is changing seismically. Previously, employees were permanent, part-time or contact. Now, the workforce also features consultants, sub-contractors, gig, fixed term and labour hire staff.
Do you really understand how to plan for and manage such diverse roles, along with ensuring you are still legally employing such staff? Or is it an ongoing juggling act for HR management?
This conference examines the challenge for planners to ensure maximum efficiency alongside minimal costs and an optimal workforce composition, offering practical and tested strategies from key experts.
As automation makes it easier for freelancers to bypass traditional employment processes, as well as increasingly making some roles redundant, you will also learn the best ways to future proof your employment blueprint.
This event will give employers the tools to make informed decisions about how best to manage your workforce now and in the future. You will learn:
- Which types of employee will be best suited to your organisation
- How to analyse your current and future employment needs
- How to mitigate the risks of a gig workforce
- How to ensure maximum flexibility with minimum costs
- Exactly how automation will impact your workforce in the future and what preparation is essential
Which functions will benefit from attending
- HR, Recruitment and Resourcing, Temporary & Agency Resourcing, Legal, Training, Compliance and Audit, Administration, Strategy, Policy, Operations, Line Manager and all directors and staff with responsibilities within this area.
Coffee and registration
Chair's welcome and opening address
KEYNOTE: THE FUTURE OF THE GIG ECONOMY AND THE TALENT SUPPLY CHAIN
- Strategies to avoid being left behind
- Understanding and planning for a new kind of workforce: what does the future look like?
- What are the technology-driven changes down the pipe-line and how should you be preparing for them?
LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE UPDATE
- Data and information gathering: looking beyond GDPR
- Compliance requirements to be aware of:
- Gender pay reporting
- Employee status classification rules
- Supply chain audits
- Global regulatory changes: ensuring your employee categories are correct
- How to prepare for IR35: implications to private organisations and lessons learned from the public sector
- HMRC testing tools and ring fencing
- Apprenticeship levy
- Pension payments
CONDUCTING A THOROUGH ANALYSIS OF YOUR CURRENT WORKFORCE COMPOSITION
- How do you maximise agility and minimise costs?
- Understanding what types of worker will best suit your company
AUTOMATION AND THE CONTINGENT WORKFORCE
- The role of automation and its implications for the future of working
- Understanding which jobs will be automated: patterns and timescales
- Getting to grips with the risks and potential problem areas
- What skills will be most needed? Strategies to ensure your workforce is ready and able
UNDERSTANDING AND QUANTIFYING THE RISKS OF CW TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Is your workforce management strategy fully integrated? Key questions to ask
- Identifying and managing high-risk management behaviour that may jeopardise your plans
- Maximising your data management
- Ensuring your tech is adequate: integration and future-proofing
- How to minimising the potential financial, risks negative PR, loss of company data and IP
Lunch and networking
STRATEGY AND SOLUTIONS: KEY AREAS TO ADDRESS TO ENSURE YOUR TOTAL TALENT APPROACH IS WORKABLE
- Mitigating the risks
- Creating an effective model for ownership and accountability
- Achieving flexibility while maintaining the stability of your company structure
- Tapping into and managing the best talent without compromising your organisation’s productivity
PANEL DEBATE: FROM THE HORSES’ MOUTH
HOW TO FUTURE-PROOF YOUR WORKFORCE: STRATEGIES TO ENSURE YOU REMAIN AN EMPLOYER OF CHOICE
- How the new workforce wants to work: understanding current and future employees and ensuring you can match their expectations
- How contingency working can best benefit the employee and the organisation
- Practical strategies for onboarding and induction: establishing key ground rules for open and workable communication
- Strategies for effective coaching and feedback: what are the optimum performance metrics to employ?
- Governance, risk and compliance: what must you be aware of to ensure your strategies are workable long-term?
CASE STUDY: THE COMPONENTS OF A ROBUST TALENT ACQUISITION STRATEGY
- Creating an integrated strategy
- Devising a workable implementation plan
- Understanding and leveraging the tech tools to enable the transition
- Quantifying and optimising the business benefits
Wrap up and end of conference
Contact us to book or discuss our events & services
"This vital annual update ensures that we keep on top of all the legal changes and is a great chance to hear from some world-class organisations too. Lots of valuable information to take home."
"The workshop met every one of my training objectives. I have updated our policy and feel confident that I can communicate and implement the changes effectively."
"It's really important that our visa policy is watertight and this conference gave me the chance to hear how to ensure that we are working legally and efficiently"
"The speaker panel were all experts in their fields and really addressed the crucial problems we are all facing. I got some great practical tips as well."
"The panel session was a highlight and gave a useful overview of where the industry is going and where the problems might arise in future."
"This was real value for money - I gained a huge amount of knowledge and also got to meet other colleagues facing similar challenges, who I'll stay in touch with. Many thanks!"
"Excellent and clear legal advice, and fascinating perspectives from other speakers. Some real gems to take away!"