Thursday 26th March 2020 'Covid-19 employer webinar: what to do this week' catch up
BFI's weekly 'Covid-19 employer webinar: what to do this week' series kicked off on Thursday 26th March at 3pm GMT. If you missed it, you can still register to watch the replay by clicking here, please also see below for a list of resources. Register for the next one on Thursday 2nd April at 11am GMT here.
The first information-packed free live discussion featured an expert panel addressing the concerns that employers identified to Business Forums International since the crisis unfolded. Employers are reeling at the speed and severity of the unfolding global health crisis and are struggling to manage employees’ fear and concerns as well as help them quickly establish brand-new ways of working and living.
As part of our business pandemic planning series, which has run since 2006, this short weekly webinar series will give you real answers on what to communicate and how and when and expert tips on remote working and social distancing in the workplace. Our experienced panel will share lessons learned from previous pandemics and crises and examine the specific challenges of Covid-19.
The discussions will last for thirty minutes followed by a thirty minute Q&A. We are accepting questions before and during the broadcasts - send your questions to email@example.com. The panel will then address a range of direct questions and concerns. There will also be some online resources available and details of follow-up events in the series.
Panellists of Thursday 26th March session were
Dr Anthony Renshaw - Medical Director, Health Consulting – Europe, International SOS
Peter Power - Author, UK Government’s “Business Continuity Management – Preventing Chaos in a Crisis” and BS guide on Crisis Management
Mark Harris - Lead Crisis Consultant, Blindside
Chris Dyer - Speaker and consultant, author and CEO, PeopleG2
Gillian Roche-Saunders - Adempi Associates
Elizabeth Smith - Director of Research, Business Forums International Ltd.
- Intro: The anatomy of a crisis: what to expect and when. Social, civil and military responses
- Implementing safe social distance working practices
- Occupational health: key messages and actions: What information does OH need to communicate and how often?
- Business impact assessments: key questions
- Looking to the long-term; setting the objective, supporting aims, and immediate goals
- Communications in a crisis – who, what, when and how
- Supporting a remote team: anxious, stressed and panicky employees
- The psychology of a crisis: good mental health practice for employees
- Using technology smartly: staying focused, connected and purposeful
- Sustaining culture when the landscape changes
- Business partners and supply chains: initial issues and messages
- Read article from International SOS: Looking After Yourself During The Coronavirus Outbreak: Psychological Advice For Employees
- Click here to download slides from Mark Harris, Lead Crisis Consultant at Blindside
- Click to watch free video from our panellist Chris Dyer: 'Remote Success: How My Team Beats Your Team in Their Pajamas'
Click to register for the next weekly' Covid-19 employer webinar: what to do this week', Thursday 2nd April at 11am GMT.