Non-UK Employee Visa Workshop: Employer's Guide to Immigration & PBS
We will tailor the course to suit your organisations needs. This is a preliminary outline to give you a taste of what we typically offer when delivering this course in-house. After in-depth discussion with organisation and trainer we will develop a course outline which meets the specific needs of your team.
Highlights of Non-UK Employee Visa In-House Training
- Getting to grips with Tier 1&2
- Effective Right to Work checks
- Non-PBS routes to working in the UK
- Ensuring your sponsor duties are fulfilled
- New staff: Home Office compliant recruitment
- Existing staff: managing work visas
- Preparing for a Home Office audit or enforcement visit
- Ensuring documentation is comprehensive and genuine
Which functions will benefit from attending
- HR & Recruitment
- Legal & Compliance
- Immigration Specialists
- Vetting & Screening
- Security & Risk
- Operations & Adminstration
SPONSORSHIP ISSUES: OVERVIEW OF POINTS BASED SYSTEM & OTHER ROUTES
- Summary of immigration routes for staff coming into the UK Explanation of Tier 1
- What are the rules for business visitors?
- The Tier 2 route including: certificates of sponsorship, the resident labour market test,
skill level, salary, English language and maintenance
- Period of stay, extension and change to circumstances
- Suspension, downgrade and revocation of licence
- Non PBS workers: Tier 5, EU nationals, family members, Croatia rules
- What to do if an employee's circumstances change during employment
POLICY: WHAT NEEDS TO BE IN PLACE
- Who can work in the UK?
- Strategies for checking the right to work
- European nationals
- Non-European nationals
- What to look for
- Statutory excuse and follow-up
- Potentially discriminatory practice e.g. auto regretting candidates
- Dealing with applicants from a wide variety of countries
- Periodic checking: what changes have been made?
- How does this affect limited time/permanent visas?
- Are we able to employ those on student visas?
- Passport checking: non-standard EU passports: spouse of an EU National, newly ascended EU countries
ESSENTIAL DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
- What documents are necessary to prove compliance?
- What documents are valid? What isn’t? What constitutes validity?
- What information is needed from applicants?
- Effectively maintaining records and document
- Successfully monitoring migrant employees
- Document verification best practice; improving your team’s knowledge o
COMPLIANCE: ENSURING YOUR PROCEDURES ARE UP TO STANDARD
- Who does what? Allocating immigration roles within your organisation
- Preparing for an HO visit
- What exactly takes place in a compliance visit?
- How do the UKVI operate in practice?
- What are the costs of getting wrong; fines, prison sentences? In what situations would
- How far must we go in checking our applicants and employees?
- Summary of PBS
End of Training
Contact us to book or discuss our events & services
Thank you for a professional, informative event
It covered a lot of different vetting aspects. It was well-described in the agenda and I learnt a lot overall
Very knowledgeable and helpful