Introduction to Checking Right to Work (RTW)
Do your staff need an introduction or update on the latest Right to Work (RTW) checks? Navigating the way in which the Home Office requires these checks to be done can be complex and is continually evolving. This three-hour introduction and update will ensure your staff feel confident to tackle the potentially confusing process of RTW checking. Ideal for those new-to-the-role or existing teams that need to refresh skills and processes
The programme content can be adapted to meet your specific organisational challenges and training needs. This half-day course can run at either 0930-1300 or 1300-1630
By the end of this programme, you will:
- Know how to correctly carry out Right to Work checks
- Be abreast of the key immigration law updates
- Understand what a compliant policy looks like
- Ensure your organisations policies and procedures are compliant
Intro to Checking Right to Work Course Overview
The agenda below is used as a starting point for pre-course discussions with the trainer. To ensure the final agenda meets your specific requirements, minor amendments can be made.
Legal updates and basics: Key immigration law updates, GDPR
- Understanding application routes
- The basics: checking, documents, FAQs, visa categories, what must be checked and when, checking in-person versus remotely
- GDPR essentials to ensure compliance
- Induction and onboarding: what has changed recently?
- Defining roles and responsibilities
What does a compliant policy look like?
- Remote managers: what can go wrong and what needs to be in a robust policy?
- Record keeping essentials and consequences
- Document verification: checking and potential consequences
- Outsourcing employment checks: pros and cons
The practicalities of Right to Work checks
15-minute interactive exercise
- What are the potential risks to your organisation and how to minimise them
- Potential D&I implications
- Security considerations
- Resources and support
Q&A and wrap-up
"It was informative and interactive. Involving participants is great activity. Helps understanding what steps to follow while hiring"
Make an in-house training enquiry
Click here to fill in our enquiry form or to have a confidential discussion about your requirements, please contact Catherine Ouston our Head of In-house Training on 01983 861133 or email Teamtraining@bfi.co.uk
Book a 15-minute consultation with our course designer