3rd Annual Supporting LGBTI+ in the Workplace Summit: An Inclusion Guide for EmployersLondon, Venue TBC
Failing to support LGBTI+ colleagues is not just immoral, it is hugely detrimental to the sustainability of your business.
Registration fee: £395 plus VAT per delegate
Stonewall's 'LGBT in Britain - Work Report' has revealed some chilling statistics regarding the abuse, harassment and exclusion faced by many LGBT people at work. Aside from the moral argument to ensure employees can feel confident to be themselves at work, the business case is also compelling.
Organisation's who do not develop and strengthen a truly supportive and inclusive workplace face significantly lower levels of productivity from LGBT+ staff, under-utilisation of skills, a lack of engagement, a more constricted customer base, and potential legal costs of discrimination lawsuits.
This annual event follows two sold out editions, showing how organisations can change this situation to get the best out of their staff and expand their customer base. An extraordinary speaker line-up will deliver both practical and personal experience to share learning on the best ways to support your LGBT+ workers.
Why attend this crucial conference?
- Listen to case studies with effective strategies to create a truly inclusive workplace, including professional development initiatives
- Protect your LGBT+ workers by reviewing your grievance and disciplinary procedure
- Get top tips to secure senior buy-in and embed best-practice
- Hear a range of personal experiences and advice on helping your business benefit from a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Take part in practical round table problem solving discussions
Past speakers included: OUTstanding, Barclays, Sainsbury's, Fujitsu, Virgin Money, Thomson Reuters, Mishcon de Reya, Fidelity International, Deloitte, Carat, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Clifford Chance.
"Really informative with an excellent group of speakers" - Synergy Health
"All very informative" - Provident Financial Group
"Enjoyed the inspiration"- Hitachi
Please note: The agenda for this year's annual event is still being researched. Please check back shortly for the full agenda and confirmed speakers. If you have a topic to suggest or might like to speak at, ensorse, or sponsor this event, please click here to get involved.
Which functions will benefit from attending
- HR , Diversity & Inclusion, Recruitment & Resourcing, Policy & Strategy , Operations, Line Management, Legal, Talent, Training & Development
Coffee and registration
Chair's welcome and opening remarks
POLICY AND LEGAL UPDATE
- Current and upcoming legislation: ensuring your policies and practices are up to date
- Auditing your current HR policy: what might need to change?
- Benefit and TAP implications
- Recruitment, promotion and retention guidelines
- Inclusion policy: a checklist
INFLUENCING CULTURE CHANGE TO BECOME AN INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER
- The psychology of changing a mindse
- Positioning LGBTI+ as part of your organisation’s wider inclusion strateg
- Inclusion training and workplace-wide initiative
- Setting goals and targets and ensuring top-down buy-i
- Engagement and upskilling – ensuring senior management are on board
- Ensuring all voices are heard: facilitating discussion and debate
DATA COLLECTION AND INTERPRETATION TO PROMOTE WORKPLACE INCLUSION: WHAT HR NEEDS TO THINK ABOUT NOW
- What records should you have: how they should be stored and shared to avoid pitfalls
- Ensuring you ask the right questions
- Best practice asking questions on sexual orientation and gender ID
- How to interpret the data you’ve collected
- Disclosure: what needs to be disclosed and when
Morning coffee and networking
INTERSEX AND BISEXUAL SUPPORT: SPECIFIC CHALLENGES AND WORKABLE SOLUTIONS
- What are the specific challenges?
- Understandings and managing stigma-based assumptions: what messages can you send?
- Best practices in support
RECRUITING LGBTI+ TALENT
- Identifying challenges for LGBTI+ candidates and removing obstacles
- How to engage directly: smart recruitment campaigns
- Evaluating and quantifying your recruitment strategy
- Good, bad and ugly examples: what can you learn from other campaigns?
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING ISSUES
- Understanding how sexual orientation can affect employee mental health
- What practical steps are smart organisations taking to ensure a fully supported work experience?
- Alternative therapies: key current developments in occupational health
- Promoting dialogue and debate
Afternoon tea and networking
WORKING WITH LIMITED RESOURCES: BECOMING MORE INCLUSIVE ON A TIGHT BUDGET
- Why it matters: tackling internal resistance
- Identifying the real challenges and designing innovative solutions
- Innovative ideas and approaches that won’t break the bank
- Working collaboratively with other organisations
- Engaging staff to help embed and spread the message
- Quantifying the results
CASE STUDY: THE PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
GLOBAL CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
- UN standards of conduct for business: how do you apply this in your organisation
- How to reconcile global principles with local law and culture: hypocrisy or pragmatism?
- Ensuring employee safety: what policies must you employ for international employees?
Wrap up and end of conference
Contact us to book or discuss our events & services
Really informative with an excellent group of speakers
All very informative