How to Become a Sponsor
Sponsoring and employing migrant and non-UK workers is a crucial consideration for UK employers facing a severe recruitment crisis. This information-packed three-hour course, developed specifically for employers and HR professionals who are thinking of recruiting overseas staff and looking to become a sponsor, will help you understand all aspects of the Points Based System and taking on a sponsor license and skilled worker visas.
The programme content can be adapted to meet your specific organisational challenges and training needs. This half-day course can run at either 0930-1300 or 1300-1630.
By the end of this programme, you will:
- A background into the Points Based System (PBS) post-Brexit
- The different sponsorship routes open to your organisation
- The financial, legal and compliance issues to consider when becoming a sponsor
- Everything you need to know before applying for a licence
How to Become a Sponsor Course Overview
The agenda below is used as a starting point for pre-course discussions with the trainer.
Understanding sponsor license and skilled worker visas
- Post-Brexit and post-Covid recruitment landscape
- EU Settlement Scheme: employing existing and new EU/EEA and Switzerland employees
- Skilled workers and intra-company transferees
- Change of employment/secondments/termination/promotion/absences
- What are the key UK work routes and immigration statuses?
- New PBS: what has changed and how do you ensure you are compliant?
- What re the current visa options and how to choose the right one
A comprehensive blueprint and checklist to cover - part I
- Understanding the sponsorship process and cost implications
- What are the essentials of compliance?
- RTW checks
- Assigning key roles: duties and training
- Onboarding: key points to consider
- Updating information
- GDPR and compliance: record-keeping and reporting updates
- Renewing your licence
- Checks and documents
A comprehensive blueprint and checklist to cover - part II
- Writing and communicating a workable policy
- Ensuring your compliance is ongoing
- Home Office audits
- Case studies
- Risks and liabilities for employers
- Eligibility and processing considerations
- What are the steps to take and where do the challenges lie?
Wrap up and outstanding questions
"A good overall explanation of everything involved in sponsoring non UK citizens"
"Very informative and will recommending to others"
Make an in-house training enquiry
Click here to fill in our enquiry form or to have a confidential discussion about your requirements, please contact Catherine Ouston our Head of In-house Training on 01983 861133 or email Teamtraining@bfi.co.uk
Book a 15-minute consultation with our course designer