7th School Leavers and Apprentices Conference for EmployersDanubius Hotel Regents Park , 18 Lodge Road, St. John's Wood, London NW8 7JT
THIS EVENT HAS NOW PASSED. CLICK HERE TO SEE FULL LIST OF UPCOMING EVENTS ON OUR HOMEPAGE
Since the introduction of the apprenticeship levy, statistics reveal a 24% drop in new apprenticeships. The finger is being pointed at employers.
Registration fee: £395 plus VAT per delegate
Following 6 sold-out School Leavers & Apprentices Conferences for Employers since the introduction of the apprenticeship levy, this conference is designed around real-time issues which have resulted from it.
Despite apprenticeship schemes still being held as a solution to the countries skills shortages by a majority of employers, the complicated levy has meant that some employers have been unable to use it effectively, with others being accused of misusing it entirely. Though there are many incredible success stories, there are still fundamental issues preventing many organisations from levying the levy. This conference will ensure employers are equipped to harness the potential of the levy, and to create successful apprenticeship schemes that contribute to business success and retain apprentices long-term.
With the current skills shortage ever widening and the Apprenticeship Levy now in full swing, it is vital that employers implement a compliant, effective and successful school leavers and apprenticeship programme to remain competitive.
Past speakers included
CIPD, National Apprenticeship Service, Shoosmiths, Barclays, NHSBT, M&S, IBM, The Skills Company, Greater Manchester Apprenticeship Company, Wigan & Leigh College, KPMG, Barclays, Volvo Group, BAE Systems, Hilton Worldwide, NHS, Lloyds Banking Group, KPMG, TUI, Volvo Group, BT, Thales UK, IBM, EY, KPMG, Mercedes-Benz UK, GSK, Microsoft, Barclays and Whitbread
Recent feedback for the conference
"Inspirational path to new talent in organisation via apprenticeships"
"Inspirational and lots to take-away and implement"
"Excellent insights to establishing a programme and making it a success"
"Useful practical tips"
"Great to see a range of employers all at different stages!"
"Great ideas for growth of people into apprenticeships"
Highlights of last year's conference:
- CIPD Keynote address
- The business case in the post-Brexit landscape
- A Government update on the apprenticeship reform plans
- A legal update on the apprenticeship levy and implications and strategies
- Vital case studies from Barclays, NHSBT and M&S
- Hearing the secrets of creating and implementing a world-class early talent programme
- Key aspects to successful workplace learning
- Accessing untapped talent - effective recruitment strategies, traineeships and feeder programmes
- Broadening your talent horizons with an inspirational panel of ‘untapped talent’ ambassadors
- Hands on practical workshop sessions to equip you with strategies to work with schools and colleges and to help you design and implement the optimum programme for your organisation
Please note: The agenda for this year's annual event is still being researched. Please check back shortly for the full agenda and confirmed speakers. If you have a topic to suggest or might like to speak at, ensorse, or sponsor the event, please see how to get involved here.
Which functions will benefit from attending
- HR, Resourcing and Recruitment professionals, Legal, Policy, Talent, Training, Learning & Development, Diversity & Equality, Early Careers, and those with oversight, involvement and responsibilities within this area
Contact us to book or discuss our events & services
Inspirational path to new talent in organisation via apprenticeships
Excellent insights to establishing a programme and making it a success
Great to see a range of employers all at different stages!
Great ideas for growth of people into apprenticeships