Supporting Non-Binary and Transgender People in the Workplace WorkshopMacdonald Holyrood Hotel , 81 Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AU
Registration fee: £395 plus VAT per delegate
Why attend this crucial workshop?
- Avoid losing talent by alienating trans and non-binary employees
- Send messages of maximised inclusion
- Improve and sustain your business performance and talent management
- Communicating your strong organisational values
Which functions will benefit from attending
- Policy & Strategy, Operations, Line Management, Legal, Talent, Training & Development , HR, Diversity & Equality, Recruitment & Resourcing
Registration & coffee
WELCOME, TERMS OF REFERENCE, LEARNING OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Medical definitions and terms
- Statistics and background
- Language: glossary of terms
- Trans and non-binary staff in the workplace: what are the challenges?
- Unconscious bias
- Cultural fit challenges
- Re-engineering agency relationships
- Educating line managers
Coffee & networking
LEGISLATION ROUND-UP AND UPDATE: ENSURING YOU ARE WORKING WITHIN THE NEW LAW
- Protected characteristics
- Equality Act
- Gender Recognition Act
- Recent cases and lessons learned: Primark gender reassignment case
Lunch & networking
POLICY AND PRACTICE: WHERE DO YOU NEED TO MAKE CHANGES TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE?
- The employer’s role in the transition team
- Timelines, consultations and surgeries: understanding the processes
- Getting to grips with the emotional and medical processes and procedures: where can the supportive employer make a difference?
- Understanding fluidity of gender identification
- Overcoming the limitations of binary categorisation
- What is your current trans and non-binary policy?
- How should you support employees through transition?
- Sick leave considerations
- HR implications:
- Amending and recording gender
- How and when to communicate to colleagues and clients
- Dress codes: who is affected and why?
- How to encourage disclosure on employee data
- Other considerations: data, systems, processes, suppliers, supply chain, facilities
- Future-proofing your employment policies and practices
Afternoon tea & networking
COMPANY ADJUSTMENTS YOU CAN AND SHOULD MAKE NOW: CASE STUDIES AND BRAINSTORMING SESSION
Delegates will be encouraged to exchange ideas and experiences, exploring best practice and ensuring their organisation complies with current and future legislation
- Trans awareness training
- Embedding a new mentality
- Addressing difficult questions
- Adopting and publicising your non-binary and trans-inclusion policy
- Awkwardness to bullying and everything in between: an alternative view of working life
- Discrimination: stats and surveys
- Safeguarding employees and managing concerns
- Creating inclusive cultures
- Promoting listening. Learning and respect to foster engagement and inclusion