IR35 For the Private Sector Seminar: Planning for April 2020London, Venue TBC
Registration fee: £395 plus VAT per delegate
Why should you attend?
- Avoid costly legal challenges to status assessments
- 98% of contractors will avoid working on contracts that place them inside IR35; avoid debilitating staff loss by planning early
- Avoid a shrinking talent pool and reduced flexibility by ensuring your contingent staff are on board now
- 51% of public sector organisations have lost skilled contractors post IR35 April 2017 – this workshop will give you the tools to avoid a drop in your organisation’s talent pool
Which functions will benefit from attending
- HR, Recruitment and Resourcing, Temporary & Agency Resourcing, Legal, Training, Compliance and Audit, Administration, Strategy, Policy, Operations, Line Managers and all Directors and staff with responsibilities within this area
Coffee & registration
WELCOME, TERMS OF REFERENCE, LEARNING OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
UNDERSTANDING THE LEGAL CHANGES AND RAMIFICATIONS FOR YOUR CONTRACT AND FREELANCE WORKERS
- Understanding who will be affected, when and how
- Contracted staff through PSCs
- Contingent staff
- Which organisations must comply?
- What penalties will you face for non-compliance?
- Implications to your staff for:
- Social security benefits
- Employment law protection rights
- Paid holidays
- Working week limits
Coffee & networking
DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING A WORKABLE GAME PLAN
- Reviewing your existing workforce: auditing for realistic levels of risk
- Identifying the employment levels your organisation is deploying:
- Which roles will be affected?
- Which workers will be scarce?
- Which workers can be replaced?
- Implications for your contingent workforce
- Classifying and communicating with the affected staff
- Freelance options: becoming full-time versus rising rates
- Reviewing your internal systems
- Are your IT systems robust enough?
- Making the best choices for your organisation and staff
- Planning and implementing strategy medium- and long-term
- Maintaining visibility over how and when contractors are on-boarded and utilised
- The pros and cons of a managed service programme (MSP)
- The role of umbrella companies
Lunch & networking
CONSULTING AND ADVISING YOUR CURRENT CONTINGENT STAFF
- Assessing your IR35 workers on a case-by-case basis
- Vital skills and expertise: what can you not afford to lose?
- Working out your staff position: inside or outside? Principles to apply:
- Mutuality of obligation (MOO)
- Changing contracts and communicating options:
- Rates increase, lower fees, assignment termination
- Engaging contractors directly as PAYE workers
- Contracting options:
- Direct engagement
- Umbrella companies
- “margin only” contracts
- Full outsources service
Afternoon tea & networking
TALENT PROCUREMENT POST APRIL 2020: KEY MOVES TO ENSURE YOU ARE AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION
- Implementing a timely review and making sure you understand the necessary changes you’ll need to make
- What are the best ways to access and compete for the necessary skills?
- Smoothing the transition to maximise client and contractor retention