IR35: Practical Guide to Preparing - Compliance, Contracts, and Organisational Solutions 2019Danubius Hotel Regents Park , 18 Lodge Road, St. John's Wood, London NW8 7JT
Changes to IR35 legislation, extending to the private sector will take place with effect from April 2020. Understanding the complex IR35 legislation may have punitive consequences if HMRC do not agree with your status assessments.
Registration fee: £395 plus VAT per delegate
All dates and locations:
Organisations must prepare flexible workforce staff and get to grips with tests in order to remain compliant, either inside or outside IR35 rules. You may be putting your organisation at risk if you do not clarify your status and avoid last-minute panic.
This comprehensive seminar offers the tools to help you draw up a compliant and workable game plan for your staffing which will avoid fines and ensure your talent pools remain at optimum levels. You will learn the best ways to classify and communicate with affected staff, ensuring they are aware of their options and obligations as well as offering a range of workable contract options.
Why should you attend?
- Avoid costly legal challenges to status assessments
- Avoid debilitating staff loss by planning early—98% of contractors will avoid working on contracts that place them inside IR35
- Learn how to consult with and advise current staff to understand and implement the best employment model for your organisation
- Ensure your contracts are compliant and avoid non-compliance penalties
- Get equipped with the tools to avoid a drop in your organisation’s talent pool—51% of public sector organisations have lost skilled contractors post IR35 April 2017
Past delegates said:
“Very interesting. Made me think”
“Comprehensive and useful information presented throughout the day”
“Some great presenters who were very knowledgeable and engaging”
"Good content presented in an engaging way”
“Was great to hear all the different perspectives on the topic”
Which functions will benefit from attending
- HR, Recruitment and Resourcing, Temporary & Agency Resourcing, Legal, Training, Compliance and Audit, Administration, Strategy, Policy, Operations, Line Managers and all Directors and staff with responsibilities within this area
Coffee and registration
CHAIR'S WELCOME AND OPENING REMARKS
LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE PUBLIC SECTOR
- What were the motivators and how have they worked?
- Assessing and analysing the impact
- Blanket decision-making: lessons learned
- BBC and NHS: what does the private sector need to avoid?
UNDERSTANDING YOUR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE
- Risk-based assessments
- Case law
- MOO, right of substitutions, supervision, direction and control and other terminology you need to know
- Where are the exemptions?
- Understanding your tax liabilities and obligations
- Clarification of fee payers
- Determining contractor status
WHAT NEW SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES MIGHT BE NECESSARY TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE?
- Implications to the supply chain
- Intermediaries legislation
- Umbrella employment arrangements: pros and cons
- Criminal Finance Act
Morning coffee and networking
AUDITING HOW IR35 WILL AFFECT YOUR BUSINESS
- Potential financial and operational impacts
- Identifying necessary stakeholders: HR, tax, finance
- Reviewing your processes regularly and holding stakeholders to account
- How many contractors is enough and defining their role in the business
- How are they used, and should that change?
UNDERSTANDING AND MITIGATING THE RISKS OF YOUR CONTRACTOR SUPPLY CHAIN: WHAT HR NEEDS TO BE DOING NOW
- Reviewing your people strategy in light of upcoming legislation
- Mapping your projected people needs
- Reviewing the role of your contingent workers
- Other options:
- bench consultants
- Statement of work contracts
- Employment tribunals: strategies to minimise and mitigate the risks
Lunch and networking
REVIEWING CURRENT CONTRACTS TO SET IR35 STATUS
- What needs to be reviewed?
- Are your contracts for purpose going forward?
- What new steps need to be included?
- Demonstrating your IR35 assessments are complete
- Renegotiating contracts: avoiding pitfalls
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL HIRING PRACTICES: GAINING COMPLIANCE AND CONSISTENCY THROUGH REVIEW
- Ensuring you’re still attracting the best talent
- Mitigating flight risk reviewing your recruitment partner contracts
Afternoon tea and networking
- Ensuring information clarity
- Properly managing contracts from day one: essential strategies
- Do you need insurance?
- Implications of Brexit